Saturday, November 20, 2010

San Francisco is a treat!

Well I've been back basking in the the grey skies of the Emerald City for almost a week--  yippee!! The only pleasant part of being stuck in this blustery weather is that I dream of "Hefflelumps & Woozles" visiting me in my sleep. On second thought, those things were mildly frightening as a kid so maybe there is nothing positive about this cave we live in...

In this post, I feel inclined to disclose some details of my trip to San Francisco with the infamous Jade & Stacy. Let me start by saying that multiple, random strangers referred to our threesome as Charlie's Angels. We started our adventure early Fri morning & wound up struggling to catch a cab on Sat AM in the Mission after a sweaty night of dancing @ a lovely joint called the Beauty Bar. And I mean sweaty... on the way out a fella stopped me to ask if the sweat on my back was part of my dress or sweat? Awkward but hilarious.

You know I love me some souvenir magnets!



After not nearly enough sleep & too much walking for my leggies it was a night of dancing round #2. Ey, yi, yi (sp?) I feel old... Anyway, after a disgusting walk home sans shoes (heels blow!) on the streets of San Fran we crashed & got up early & headed for the hills. The hills of Napa that is. We fell in love. The weather, scenery, fermented grapes & company could not have been more magnificent.



Due to the fact the Stacy lost her id Saturday night we were stuck scoping out the bars of North Beach (SF's Little Italy). But it all worked out; we made numerous new Italiano friends while sipping bellinis on Columbus Ave.
Meet (from left to right): Stacy, Cassondra, Antonio, Jade, me, Lorenzo, & Simon (aka: GiGi)

This got me to thinking about how the unexpected can be so refreshing; a happy accident some may say. I know Jade & Stacy were dying to do another round of bumping & grinding & I was SO not. Going out sans ID was a no-go so there we sat meeting these fresh, young faces from overseas was simply delightful. The smooth-headed fella, Lorenzo, was managing--or pretending to, rather--Pantarei that night & kept hastling us to take a seat the two times we walked by before committing to a drink there. Ultimately, we decided to pop a squat next to this attractive group of Europeans & risk them either talking about us in Italian or talking to us. Clearly, they decided to befriend us. Long story short, by the end of the night they had us kissing each others cheeks & saying ciao. Can I just say our hand-shaking custom is so lame. I found myself become captivated by almost everything about this crowd- how they always look so relaxed, speak so beautifully, & even how they hold their wine glasses. Is this why Italian is one of the Romance Languages? *just kidding.

So what I'm getting at is that happy accidents should be embraced. AND I realized that Loopi is really onto something: it pays to chat with strangers; you never know who you might meet :)

Ciao Bellissime!
lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment