Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just Around the River Bend...

I look once more... at how to live in the now.

So whoever said, "to know where you're going you have to know where you came from" must not have known what it's like to have baggage. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't acknowledge your roots and how they've shaped who you are. However, it's easy to get stuck on past events & let them mold you in counterproductive ways.  I have vowed to let my memories (good & bad) live in the past-- they will not influence who I am going to become.

What stemmed this post was Jenna's comment about how being in the present is so important-- I can't stress it enough. Obviously the past two years of my existence have been anything but easy & it's amazing how hard it can become to just be when your brain is full of crap. It's amazing how much perspective you can get by just breathing...ahhhh... It truly does able you to appreciate the now. Soak it all up because- like we said- it will all be over soon.

And that's my soapbox :)

m


p.s. Kal- Au contraire (sp?), sometimes you get to have "milestones" more than once. BTW my next wedding will be in Kauai- see above ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment