Monday, January 31, 2011

They Don't Make Sheets Like They Used To

Alright, alright...sorry I'm slow with the posts but you guys know I've been working on my little "Lucy Says." project!

Today I was shopping @ Goodwill for linens. Recognize this fabric?


Sheet from Goodwill= $3; Nostalgic print= priceless

When I spotted this golden oldie I almost gasped. This print is probably circa 1984 (mom can confirm my guess). I still have the matching pillowcase from ma & pa's old bedding!! On the way home I was thinking, "Why do I remember the most random details in life but often omit detail-oriented experiences?" For example, if I had any drawing skills I could sketch out an exact replica of the orca fountain that used to reside in the North Park kiddy pool. But if you asked me to recall what the inside of Neuschwanstein looks like...uhhh...drawing a blank. All I remember is that creepy lady behind us on the tour who was breathing like Darth Vader & wearing Z-Coil shoes!!

So is it just me or do our brains file some really random elements of life's daily minutia?

And what's with today's crappy sheets? All of my "vintage" ones are soft & wrinkle-free straight out of the dryer but all of my new sheets are wadded & look like they came from the bottom of a hamper. I refuse to iron them!! And I think it's b.s. that you have to blow tons of $ on egyptian cotton sheets to give me the same experience that my beloved 80's threads do.  Besides, we all know that egyptian cotton leads to no good.
See Brittany Murphy's strife in "Uptown Girls" (R.I.P. Brittany):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8PdTNHjNiI&feature=fvw

peace.
♥m

No comments:

Post a Comment