Sunday, March 13, 2011

Roots Recall

Oldest sister here reporting my most fond memories from over the years...

Shepherd: Hutchie sleeping at the foot of my bed, pretending mom's flowerbeds were "Wonderland" & singing "Golden Afternoon" to them, dad taking me for snowmobile rides, feeding the ducks & getting the easel dad made for my birthday.




Rental in Sidney: sharing a room with K & listening to her chow down on the bunk bed rail...pretty sure there was nothing left after the little beaver got done with it. And Why did J get her own freaking bedroom when she was only 3 years old?! I also have vague memories of Kali acting like a dog & I was seriously beginning to wonder if the middle child was going to end up in the loony bin.

Little Blue House: playing with Sadie's puppies in the Barbie Dream House, sneaking down to the gas station on our bikes to buy candy, secretly discovering how to shave my legs with a bowl of water in my room (I have scars to prove it) & "ice skating" w/ our shoes on the "pond" that developed in mom's garden.


Grey 1201 House: rollerblading routines in the unfinished basement, Barbie pageants with the nerds, & listening to my Bed of Roses soundtrack endlessly when I had a thing for Christian Slater (I still love his voice;)

Condo: the three of us sleeping in the same room (the portion that K&J weren't sent off to g&g's) & K blowin' it up after eating too many oranges night after night... I'm still not sure how we all survived that. Those dry lightening storms were pretty wicked too; thanks for reminding me about those, Kal.

Sunflower Lane: The first week after moving in I remember having a slumber party with April B. & we had such a good time. Since I was a teenager & too "cool" to hang out with the fam this house holds my fondest friend memories: Jace coming over to watch X Files since he didn't have cable, Utter's 18th bday while the parents were away & the aftermath (there were a lot of strawberry daiquiris), co-ed slumber parties, & my last 4th of July in Sidney where the boys were blowing up ant hills with M-80's. Also, visiting the neighboring Cardigan Corgi, Flash, & of course getting my first real kiss on the porch.


K is right, recalling moments like this is very nostalgic. I say the Lechner Ladies do San Fran this fall after K&K is relocated to the NW or sooner if possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment